1965 Cobra 427 GT Replica
- Body from Ultimate Classic Cars GT-427 out of Boerne, Texas
- Car built by auto tech students and professional guidence at Bridgeport High School in Bridgeport, Texas in 2020
- 302 CID V-8 making 345 HP and built by Performance Unlimited out of Melbourne, Florida that breathes via dual side-exit exhausts
- Tremec T-5 five-speed manual transmission with a Moser 9-inch rear end
- White body with burgundy racing stripes, black interior with full carpeting, tilt steering column and a glovebox
- Wilwood disc brakes, coil over front and rear suspension, American Racing wheels and VDO gauges
- Driver’s side roll bar and SJR Racing Harnesses
- 94-inch wheelbase
- Unique replica with extremely low miles! Less than 25 miles since completion!
The car has a white vinyl ester resin body in a hand-laid, tri-axial pattern with burgundy racing stripes. Vinyl ester is stronger, lighter, more flexible and less likely to delaminate and resist blistering. The paint, trim, windshield, side wings and lights are all in excellent condition. The engine bay is very tidy, the cargo area is in very good order and has an Optima battery back there.
This little rocket rolls on Nitto NT 555 Extreme ZR tires, size 275/40ZR17 in front and wide 315/35ZR17 in back. Each tire is mounted on an alloy American Racing Wheel with black trim. The wheels are new, and the tires are in very good shape. This version sports a four-inch longer wheelbase than the original, which was 90 inches.
Under the hood is a 302 CID V-8 engine built by Performance Unlimited from Melbourne, Florida. This engine puts out 345 horsepower and 349 lbs-ft of torque. The engine features dual side-exit exhausts. A Tremec T-5 five-speed manual transmission is the engine’s dance partner, along with a Moser nine-inch rear end. The car features Wilwood disc brakes, coil over front and rear suspension, along with A-arms in front and a four-link setup in back.
Inside are black, hand-stitched seats vinyl bucket seats complete with SJR Racing Harnesses. They give good lumbar and lateral support. The seats and complementing black, cut-pile carpeting are new. These seats are four inches lower than in the original model. A Grant GT four-spoke steering wheel is mounted on a tiltable column and is ready for the open road while the black instrument panel is replete with VDO gauges, including a digital odometer. The transmission tunnel has been narrowed, giving more length and width in the footbox and the doors are wider.
The bigger footbox offers better pedal placement and gives the car a roomier and more comfortable cockpit. The door liners feature map pockets on the inside, there’s a decently sized glovebox and a driver’s side roll bar. A floor-mounted shift lever rises from the center console but there’s no radio.
Price: Auction <- click to see if it is still available
More info: Click here for more information
Originally listed on January 30, 2021. Older listings are displayed for reference and probably will not be available.
Seller's other items: motoexotica
Location: Fenton, Missouri, United States